To effectively shift people’s sales paradigms, it’s important to present a sales training program that gives them the opportunity to acquire effective sales skills, along with the ability to use these sales skills as quickly as possible when interacting with clients. Training with a ‘system’ encourages participants to ‘go out’ and practice what they have learned and then have a coaching forum to discuss/review outcomes has a tremendous impact on changing sales behaviors.
Sales Skill Sets Acquired:
Follow-up & Reinforcement Sessions
Why is a Follow-up program essential – It has been estimated that:
- Less than half the skills and information learned in training will be transferred to the job immediately after the training session unless a follow-up and reinforcement is part of the training process.
- Within 6 months, as much as three-quarters of training can be lost without follow-up.
- After 1 year, some participants will retain as little as 10 to 15 percent of what they learn in training unless learning has been reinforced.
This system keeps people focused on developing staff and working on goals established during the training. The process holds everyone accountable. We break the main group up into smaller groups and through a Go-To-Meeting format the groups have homework assignments that need to be complete before each session. To reinforce the 2-day training the monthly assignments are derived from the following:
- Sales Leadership Planning Process
- Sales Coaching System
- Four Levels of Sales Leadership
- Leadership Assessment
- Discussions from previous tele-coaching sessions